SENIOR TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST (part-time)GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK: This position works with the regional Aging Together partnership to recruit, retain, and recognize volunteer drivers for the senior transportation network and assists with other duties related to facilitation of transportation of seniors. The position works closely with Foothills Area Mobility System, the One-Call Center, and Rappahannock-Rapidan Community Services/Area Agency on Aging.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
- Recruits, recognizes and maintains contact with volunteer drivers for local ride programs.
- Determines ways to find potential volunteer drivers, processes applications, completes background checks, helps coordinate volunteer recognition event.
- Assists in “travel training” when needed.
- Participates in health fairs, senior fairs, civic clubs, churches, etc. to promote senior transportation options and the need for volunteers. Speaking engagements as possible to those groups.
- Attends as often as possible: Partnership for Community Resources (Warrenton), Healthy Culpeper, Healthy Orange, Senior Center events, Chamber of Commerce meetings/events.
- Assists with projects as deemed necessary by Director and/or newly funded projects.
- Participates in staff meetings and other internal meetings as requested by Executive Director and related tasks as needed or required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in a relevant field and volunteer recruitment and/or community organizing experience. Experience in a non-profit organization is a plus.
Special requirements: Significant local travel; possession of valid driver’s license in Commonwealth of Virginia; background check will be done. Flexible hours, some weekends and evenings required. Some funding of the position is grant-dependent.
Salary and benefits: 12 Hours per week, hourly position, $12 to $16 per hour depending upon qualifications. This is a grant-funded position, so continued employment is contingent upon continued grant funding. No reimbursement available for local travel expenses.
* Send resume and cover letter to:
P.O Box 367
Culpeper, VA 22701